Hoisin Glazed Swordfish over Wild Rice
Ingredients:PCF Vegan Kimchi
Chopped Garden Veggies
(Onion, Zucchini, Garlic, Mushroom, Carrots, Summer Squash)
Fish or Veggie Stock
- Cook one cup of wild rice.
- Brown Swordfish in hot oil than remove from pan.
- Sauté vegetables in pan until they just start to brown, deglaze pan with a splash of cream sherry then add hoisin sauce and fish or veggie stock to make a little sauce.
- Toss swordfish back in pan to coat in hoisin glaze
- Serve over a bed of rice topped with PCF Kimchi.
Lemon Garlic Swordfish
Ingredients:For the Lemon Garlic Mixture:
2 TB salted butter, softened to room temp
1 TB freshly chopped chives
2 TB garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 TB juice from fresh lemon
1TB grated lemon peel
For the Fish:
2 TB olive oil
2 (1-inch thick each) swordfish fillets, about 6–7 oz each
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack on middle position. In a small pan, combine the Lemon Garlic Mixture ingredients and stir to fully combine. Set aside.
- Use paper towels to pat-dry all excess moisture from the swordfish fillets. Evenly sprinkle both sides of fillets with pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large, oven-proof pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add the swordfish fillets to pan and let cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes (do not move fish around much.) Carefully flip fish fillets over to the other side, turn stove off, and immediately transfer pan into hot oven.
- Let fish roast about 5-6 minutes or just until the top is golden and center is just cooked through. Take care not to overcook. A minute before fish is done cooking in oven, cook small pan of prepared lemon-garlic mixture over medium high heat, constantly stirring, just until melted and bubbly. Immediately turn heat off and pour mixture over the cooked fish. Be sure to pour on any juices from the swordfish pan as well.
Grilled Rosemary Swordfish
Ingredients:1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 swordfish steaks (5 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients to create the marinade; add the swordfish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill swordfish, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque.