Grilled Lemon Balsamic Sole
Ingredients:1 1/4 pound sole fillet, 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thick
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 small yellow onion (chopped)
2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- Rinse and dry fillets. Place fish in a low profile baking dish.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, onion, and chopped parsley in a small mixing bowl. Mix and pour over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill and oil the grates well. Remove fish from marinade and place on grill. Grill on high heat for about 4 to 6 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F.
- Once cooked through remove from grill, garnish with lemon slices, and serve.
4 ounces fresh Jonah crabmeat
1 tablespoon finely diced poblano pepper
1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
2 teaspoons minced green onion
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 pinch cayenne pepper
6 (2 ounce) sole fillets
1 pinch paprika, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Combine crab, poblano pepper, panko bread crumbs, green onion, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl to create the filling.
- Stir mayonnaise, lemon zest, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Place sole fillets, flat-side up, on a work surface. Season fillets with salt. Divide crab mixture between fillets and roll filets up around filling. Place rolled sole in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 the mayonnaise mixture over the sides and tops of each sole roll to coat. Place remaining 1/2 the mayonnaise mixture in a piping bag. Pipe mayonnaise mixture in a zigzag pattern over the top of each roll and sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on top and fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
½ cup all-purpose flour
6 4-ounce skinless, boneless sole or other thin fish fillets, patted dry
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground white or black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons clarified butter
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced, at room temperature
3 tablespoons minced parsley
1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F and place a large baking sheet inside.
- Place flour on a large plate. Season both sides of fish fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Coat fish in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a 12-inch nonstick or enamel-lined skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons clarified butter until bubbling. Place half of the fish fillets in the pan and cook until just done, 2 to 3 minutes per side, then transfer to the plate or baking sheet in the oven to keep warm. Add 2 more tablespoons clarified butter to skillet and heat until bubbling, then cook remaining fillets. Wipe out the skillet.
- Arrange the fish on a warm serving platter. Top with parsley. In reserved skillet, heat remaining 4 tablespoons unsalted butter until bubbling and golden, 1 to 2 minutes, then pour evenly over fillets. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges on the side.