salt and pepper to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 pounds monkfish fillets, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large tomato, diced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a plastic bag, mix the salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and flour. Place the monkfish in the bag, seal, and shake to lightly coat.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the monkfish in the skillet, and cook for about 3 minutes. Mix in the garlic, tomato, and mushrooms, cook 3 minutes. Stir in the wine and parsley. Continue to cook and stir 2 minutes, or until the monkfish flakes easily with a fork
Monkfish in Tomato-Garlic Sauce
2 heads of garlic plus 4 large cloves, peeled and very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
2 cups water
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Eight 6-ounce cleaned monkfish fillets, about 2 inches thick
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large skillet, add 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and cook slowly over very low heat, shaking the skillet, until the garlic is deep golden, 15 minutes. Remove about 1/4 cup of garlic slices to a plate and reserve. Add the paprika to the garlic in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Add the water and simmer until the sauce has reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven safe skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes. Turn the fish, transfer to the oven, and roast until just cooked through, 15 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a platter. Pour any juices from the skillet into the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce onto plates and set the fish on top. Spread the fried garlic over the fish and serve.
Ingredients:1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (6 ounce) fillets monkfish
4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the fish fillets on a non-stick or parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the fillets evenly with the butter mixture and sprinkle bread crumbs over the tops of each fillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.