1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic, pressed
4 (3 ounce) fillets salmon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Arrange the salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish. Rub garlic onto the fillets, top with vinegar and oil over them, turning once to coat. Season with cilantro, basil, and garlic salt. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Place the salmon about 6 inches from the heat source, and broil for 15 minutes, turning once, or until browned on both sides and easily flaked with a fork. Brush occasionally with the sauce from the pan.
Honey Ginger Grilled Salmon
Ingredients:1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 green onion, chopped
1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet
- In a large ziplock bag, combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice, honey, and green onion; mix well. Place salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove salmon from marinade, shake off excess, and discard remaining marinade. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes per inch of thickness, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Fresh Salmon Cakes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons minced celery
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon capers
1 1/4 pounds fresh wild salmon, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay(R))
1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs, or to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, red pepper, celery, and a pinch of salt in hot oil until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add capers; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Stir coarsely chopped salmon, above mixture, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, garlic, mustard, cayenne, seafood seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper together in a bowl until well-mixed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firmed and chilled, 1 to 2 hours.
- Form salmon mixture into four 1-inch thick patties; sprinkle remaining panko bread crumbs over each patty.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Cook patties in hot oil until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.