Roast Salmon with Lemon & Herbs
Ingredients6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 leek, sliced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tspb chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper
1 pound of salmon fillets
Cooked baby spinach
lemon slices, to garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and leek and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the remaining oil in a small bowl with lemon juice and herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix ingredients.
- Rinse and pat dry the fish, arrange in shallow oven dish.
- Remove the onion, leek mixture from heat and spread over the fish. Pour the oil mixture on top, make sure everything is well coated. Roast for 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Serve salmon next to spinach, garnish with lemon.
Seared Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp sea salt
4 salmon fillets, skin removed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the sauce
3 egg yolks
7 oz butter
1 tsp lemon juice
Serve with 6 oz baby spinach
- Grind the herbs in a processor or by hand with a pestle in a mortar. Rub 1 tbsp of the mixture on top of each salmon fillet.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the salmon, rub side down, 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Turn over and continue to cook until your liking, try not to overlook, it will dry out the salmon.
- Place the eggs in a blender or food processor. Melt the butter and slowly add to the egg yolks. Add the lemon juice and a little warm water if the sauce is too thick, season with pepper.
- Arrange the salmon over the spinach, spoon sauce over the fillets.
Ginger-Marinated Salmon & Scallops Skewers
1 cup of basmati rice
1/2 cucumber, sliced
4 scallions, sliced
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 green chile, seeded and sliced
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 pound of salmon, skinned, cut into chunks
8 scallops, cut in half
1 3/4 oz fresh ginger
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil, cook rice for 25 minutes until tender. Drain and let cool. Add the cucumber, scallions, cilantro, peppers, chile, lime juice and sesame oil in a bowl and let the flavors develop.
- Place salmon chunks and halved scallops in a bowl. Using a press, extract the ginger juice. Combine with lemon juice and olive oil. Pour mixture over the salmon and scallops. Cover and let marinade in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes, then drain. Thread an equal amount of salmon and scallops onto the skewers. Cook under preheated broiler for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with rice salad.